Friday of week 12 in Ordinary Time, 1

God's will

Matthew 8:1-4


Nothing is impossible with God.   But what is more important is whatever God's will is, it shall be done.

Abraham laid out the impossibility.  He was ninety nine years old and Sarah was barren.  But God blessed them nevertheless.

In the gospel, Jesus cured a leper.

Perhaps it could give us a hint to be convinced that nothing is impossible with God.  The leper said, "If you want to, you can cure me."  And Jesus said, "Of course I want to!"

This plea is a lot different from "Heal me!" or "I command you to heal me!"  The statement, "If you want to..." is a statement of utmost faith.  It implies submission to Jesus.

Let us submit our lives to Jesus.  God's will will happen anyway.  Happy are we who live out God's will.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ngayon isasama kita sa paraiso

Nag-uumapaw na pag-ibig ng Diyos

3 best ways to love God