Godliness

As we progress through Holy Week, we see more and more the signs of violence of evil men; but the good men become more godly.  It's really a matter of asking which side we are on.

The Holy Week is a definitive time to confront our state of humanity whether we are for or against God; whether we are instruments of heaven or the world.

It's not much of a question of what our orientation is but rather, it is more of how we can attain godliness.

As the word implies, is is a life that is directly related with God.  "Without God, I am nothing."  But I wish to push it a step further - God becomes the reason of my life.

Secondly, it is a life that pleases him.  I practiced discernment practically my whole life.

Thirdly, it is in the process of perfection; not of self, but of charity.

As I celebrate twenty two years of priesthood, I have been a witness to a growing relationship with God, a life that pleases him alone, and a life of perfection in charity.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ngayon isasama kita sa paraiso

Nag-uumapaw na pag-ibig ng Diyos

3 best ways to love God