Christmas in Heaven

Derived from: Gardenweb.com
Photo: Archdiocese of Milwaukee Catholic Cemeteries


Lovingly dedicated to Nanay

"Christmas in Heaven"

I see the countless Christmas trees
around the world below
with tiny lights like heaven's stars
reflecting on the snow.

The sight is so spectacular,
please wipe away that tear
for I am spending Christmas
with Jesus Christ this year.

I hear the many Christmas songs
that people hold so dear
but the sounds of music can't compare
with the Christmas choir up here.

I have no words to tell you
of the joy their voices bring
for it is beyond description
to hear the angels sing.

I know how much you miss me,
I see the pain inside your heart
for I am spending Christmas
with Jesus Christ this year.
I can't tell you of the splendor
or the peace here in this place
Can you just imagine Christmas
with our Savior face to face?

I'll ask him to lift your spirit
as I tell him of your love
so then pray for one another
as you lift your eyes above.

Please let your hearts be joyful
and let your spirit sing
for I am spending Christmas in heaven
and I'm walking with the King.

~ by Wanda Bencke
© Copyright 1999
The story behind the poem:
A note from the author "Wanda Bencke"
Lysandra Kay Bencke was my
thirteen year old handicapped daughter.
On Christmas day 1997, Lysandra
had a seizure and was in a coma for five
days before she passed away.
During those five days I wrote
"Christmas in Heaven".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ngayon isasama kita sa paraiso

Nag-uumapaw na pag-ibig ng Diyos

3 best ways to love God