Wednesday of Holy Week

Worth emulating

 Matthew 26:14-25

The gospel is a prelude to the blessed event that we will recall tomorrow, i.e., the most holy Eucharist.

By this time, Judas already would have gone out and Jesus would have already reprimanded Peter.  Everything is ready for the banquet.  Jesus is the supreme sacrifice to his Father.

Jesus is the sacrament of His Father for all of us to see.  Salvation comes in our total adherence to Jesus and not to ourselves.  Just as Jesus carries the dignity of His Father, we carry that dignity if we allow ourselves to imitate the virtues and goodness of the Father.

Judas' words and actions are not dignified.  They are signs of betrayal and mistrust; of a total loss of the sense of faith.  They are not worth emulating.  Jesus' actions are worth it.

In my 20 years as a priest, I know that this is not an easy task; but it is worth all efforts to be configured to the Father's will.

If I see I am not worthy; I charge it to the Father.  If I see I am lacking in the grace, He supplies it for me. I embrace the cross of Christ all for the sake of the people He loves.  And that is enough for me.

I will continue to respond to be configured to Jesus as head and shepherd of His flock.  And I thank the Lord of this 20 wonderful years of the priesthood.

Comments

Larraine said…
Amen! 20 years is truly a big blessing! May the Lord God continually bless you with enough strength and wisdom to spread His Words and love to others. We love you Fr. Litoj!

Popular posts from this blog

ngayon isasama kita sa paraiso

Nag-uumapaw na pag-ibig ng Diyos