19 years are simply miracles

On the occasion of the 19 years of priesthood

As I celebrate the 19th anniversary of my priesthood, I have come to celebrate it in a most peaceful way.  For my only consolation is to be in communion with God.

I have come to realize this during the times I was studying in Rome.  I didn't have any big celebrations such as this one.  But to wake up early in the morning and go to St. Peter's Basilica to celebrate mass with Fr. Greg Gaston is enough for me to feel deep consolation that God loves me and His love goes on forever.   Despite my sinfulness and unworthiness He sanctifies me and makes the priesthood fruitful.

Here in the parish, my delight is to receive the sincere prayers of people filled with compassion.  For them I am truly grateful.  This also gives me the reason to go on and on until God recalls me from this life.  But know that I am eternally grateful.  The priesthood is Jesus; but the priesthood is composed of countless men and women that pushes my priesthood to its perfection.

It is a coincidence that in my present parish in Sto. Rosario, a brother-priest is also celebrating his 25th anniversary.  This priesthood just cannot be complete until the brotherhood of priests is realized; we all cause the priesthood of one another.  And I am referring to the moment by moment encounters with my fellow priests during breakfast, lunch, and supper, before and after masses; during exercises as well as movie watching and merrymaking.  We become a living brotherhood of disciples called by Christ each day to suffer with each other and with God's people.

Thank you Lord for this 19 years of my priesthood.  19 years are simply miracles - miracles of the living God loving me endlessly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ngayon isasama kita sa paraiso

Nag-uumapaw na pag-ibig ng Diyos

3 best ways to love God